Re: SSH problem after upgrade

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

That's not what I asked (though I can see how it can be misread).  Let me
try again: if you copy telnet.exe into your home directory, *leave*
/usr/bin/telnet.exe in place, and then invoke the telnet in your home
directory as /home/Ed/telnet.exe, does it still work for you?

Yes it worked, I also performed the same procedure with ftp.exe, and got good results.

IIRC, the Windows dynamic loader will first look for DLLs in the
application directory, and only then in the PATH.  Here's a WAG: do you
have a copy of winsock.dll or ws2_32.dll in /usr/bin?

Neither are present.

Just to rule out traverse checking, could you try running
"CYGWIN=notraverse /usr/bin/telnet HOST"?

No luck here, to be thorough, I also tried

"CYGWIN=notraverse /usr/bin/ssh HOST"

with same result.

Doesn't look particularly significant... Can you also post the output of
"getfacl / /bin /home/Ed"?

No problem, listing is included below...

getfacl / # file: / # owner: Ed # group: Users user::rwx group::rwx group:SYSTEM:rwx group:Administrators:rwx mask:rwx other:--- default:user::rwx default:group:SYSTEM:rwx default:group:Administrators:rwx default:group:Users:rwx default:mask:rwx

getfacl /bin
# file: /bin
# owner: Ed
# group: Users