Re: Cygwin 1.5.18-1 on Windows XP group & passwd problem

Kyle, there was no need to Cc: me -- I read the list.  Please make sure
your mailer respects the Reply-To: header, which I set appropriately.
Thanks.

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Kyle S. Allender wrote:

> Igor Peshansky wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Kyle S. Allender wrote:
> >
> >> CreateFileandSetSecurity failed with FALSE (Expected on FAT Partitions) GLE: 32
> >> CreateFileandSetSecurity failed with TRUE (not expected) GLE: 32
> >> [snip]
> >
> > You said you get the same message for a bash shell?  Could you please
> > try to capture the output (by opening a CMD.EXE window and typing
> > "c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat")?
> >
> >> What could possibly be causing this?
> >
> > Looks like these messages may be caused by something in your bash
> > initialization scripts.  If you get this output from a plain bash (by
> > running cygwin.bat), here's a suggestion: from a CMD.EXE window, run
> >
> > cd c:\cygwin\bat
> > .\bash.exe -v --login -i
> >
> > And see after what lines the messages appear.

Did you actually try the above?  Do you see those messages?

> > FWIW, I didn't find any place in the Cygwin sources that prints out
> > the above message -- is it even coming from a Cygwin application?
> > 	Igor
>
> Have you any further ideas on this?  I did try installing the newer
> release of bash this morning, but that has no effect - which seems to
> validate my earlier though that the error was happening prior to bash's
> initialisation routine's completion.

No ideas.  I can't even find where this message is coming from -- at all.
I've looked through bash sources and openssh/openssl sources as well.

Google doesn't show anything for those messages (besides this thread).
If worse comes to worst, you can search your hard drive for any file that
contains the string "CreateFileandSetSecurity" -- that could point to the
culprit.
HTH,
	Igor
--