Re: services not starting with 20060104 snapshot

Hi All...

From: Christopher Faylor Subject: Re: services not starting with 20060104 snapshot
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:31:13 -0500

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 10:28:23AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:

>> >And indeed it was. Negating that test brought back the output of commands
>> >invoked via ssh. I'll submit a patch to cygwin-patches in a bit. Whew!
>>
>> You're asking if !iscygexec is the right way to detect a
>> "noncygwin_process".
>> Yes.
>
>No, I was actually asking whether iscygexec() was the right way to detect
>a "noncygwin_process", since that's exactly the test used in spawn_guts.
>You just confirmed that it isn't (and that its inverse, !iscygexec(), is).

In the future I'll try to limit my stupid remarks to one mailing list.

Your interpretation of the problem was correct (although there still may be
a lurking problem with non-cygwin processes) and my remarks about it should
be disregarded because I was confused.

(I've got a nice headache going on which explains the confusion but I
should be experienced enough by now to know not to trust my judgement
when I have to squint at the screen.)

Please give yourself a gold star for tracking this down, Igor.  Maybe now
I can sleep tonight.

I tried the latest snapshot cygwin1-200601051745.dll.bz2 on my SP1 box and I still can't start services; went back to cygwin1-20060103.dll.bz2.

Thanks,

...Karl