debugging cygwin

Does anyone know where one might find a version of the latest cygwin1.dll which was compiled with the '-g' (debugging) option set? If it's possible, I would recommend that each cygwin distribution be accompanyed by an optional cygwin1.dll which has been compiled with said option. Users can seamlessly swap the '-g' version with the when debugging is needed. Or, maybe there's some hidden difficulty in doing this that I just don't understand. -Ken