Re: Cygwin Setup: Fatal Error: Uncaught Exception

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 09:37:12PM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Linda Walsh wrote:
>
> > Is an application crash the expected behavior when
> > package validation fails?  Maybe it should mark it unusable
> > or delete it?

Yuck.  I went through this, too.  It appeared to me that there were a
large number (a dozen? I no longer remember) of packages uploaded more
than once, without bumping the version, and if you were so fortunate
as to get the earlier rather than the later copy, setup won't have
updated to the later.

It might be easier to blow away your local package directory than
to run setup over and over, each time identifying one more package
to rename/delete.

> At the moment, yes.  It's a consequence of a change in the md5
> checking.  It just means you need to delete the package, as it has the
> wrong size or checksum.  It's on the todo list to clean this up.

Is there a snapshot that has this fixed?