Re: After update from 1.5.18 to 1.5.19, xemacs 21.4.13 can only run from bash

Karr, David wrote:
[snip]
> I verified that all the dlls listed in this output exist (just piped it to "xargs ls").
>
> Remember that the only change I made was upgrading Cygwin from 1.5.18 to 1.5.19.  I didn't intentionally remove any libraries.

There was a change in postgresql that broke my xemacs a month or two ago: the
old xemacs used a library named "pq.dll" that was changed, in the new postgres,
to "cygpq.dll".

The fix was very simple at the time, I just made a hard link from cygpq.dll to
pq.dll; with the new version of xemacs the dependency is only to cygpq.dll, I
even deleted the link.

HTH
--
René Berber