Re: Possible bug with mmap on XP?

> I would like to modify my program to set the required permissions.
> Is the mapping between Cygwin's uname()'s sysname and XP, NT, 98SE,
> 98, etc. available somewhere?  Actually, if I could just tell if the
> underlying windows is XP, that would be sufficient I think.

The end of wincap.cc shows the mapping between the Windows
version string (which gets put in the sysname portion of uname(2))
vs. the os capabilities in use (with some pretty informative variable
names).
http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/winsup/cygwin/wincap.cc?rev=1.50&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup&cvsroot=src

Wouldn't you know it - a version of NT-5.1 selects wincap_xp?

--
Eric Blake