Make doesn't work in Bash Window

I have recently installed Cygwin on my WINXP PC. The bash window comes
up and most commands seem to work( ls, cd, wc, cut). It doesn't
recognize make or more. I need make to compile C programs. I do have a
Makefile.
When I execute :	Man make	I get:	No manual entry for make
The same for more.
There is an entry for ls, cd, wc,and cut.
My Pc is running Windows XP sp2.
Does anyone have any ideas what is missing or missconfigured?

Thanks,

Martin Riewski
martin.riewski@hp.com