RE: cygwin bsod using make after configure on gcc

Windows XP BSODs for a number of reasons, none of them Cygwin-specific.  I
list them here in decreasing order of liklihood:

1. An uninstalled "Windows Update".
2. A faulty driver.
3. A defect in XP for which Microsoft offers no patch at the present time.
4. Faulty hardware.

99% of the time its 1 or 2, 1% of the time 3 or 4.

The only other help anybody can offer is to look at the BSOD info.  It used
to tell you what kernel mode component was BSODing on you, but to tell you
the truth it's been so long since I've seen one I don't know if it does
anymore.  If it does, it will probably be a driver, and then you're 99% of
the way towards a solution.

Hey, this would make a reasonably good
Not-Entirely-Infrequently-Asked-Question.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle