RE: Pbm with ar.h when compiling make-3.80 for mingw

On 15 February 2006 19:08, Xavier Marichal wrote:

> Basically, I want to compile make using Cygwin, but in a way that is
> independent from Cygwin (hence the -mno-cygwin). I'm sorry if I
> offended someone...

  It's not an offence, but the thing is that if you use -mno-cygwin, you
aren't using cygwin, and in particular, you aren't using the Cygwin version of
gcc.  You are using the MinGW version of the compiler, with the MinGW system
headers and MinGW libraries.

> I suppose I'll have to investigate it alone then, since I suppose it
> must be possible to provide -mno-cygwin as a flag to configure.

  You could always investigate it on the MinGW list, where they would like to
know if there are problems with the MinGW header files that come with the
MinGW version of the gcc compiler.  That was the point I was trying to make!

    cheers,
      DaveK