Re: [Newbie] Trying to run MSWord from Cygwin

Ugh - topposting reformatted: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

Jim Drash <jim.drash <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 3/3/06, P.P.Hughes <iss05e <at> bangor.ac.uk> wrote:
                               ^^^^^^

Ugh - raw email address munged: http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

> > When I look at the Log On settings for this service, it's set to log in
> > as .\sshd_server user, not the Local System Account, therefore the
> > "Allow Service to Interact with desktop" option is not available.
> >
> > I'm told that this was recommended by the cygwin installation instructions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Paul

> By the way, there are much easier ways to convert MS Word Docs to pdfs.

Or even to plain text.  If you install antiword, you can view the text contents
of a Word document.

--
Eric Blake