RE: Find tool contained in unknown pkg

On 17 March 2006 20:28, Harry Putnam wrote:

> I've just installed a very minimal cygwin.  I noticed the `id' tool is
> not present and looking on the packages page I don't see it listed
> separately so I'm guessing it is contained in a package whos name may
> not reflect its presence.
>
> Anyone know which package that might be?

http://cygwin.com/packages

  Since 'id' on its own might give you too many matches, it's worth mentioning
the handy trick that (this being 'doze not linux really) the full name of the
program is of course 'id.exe'.

http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=id.exe

  That narrows it down sufficiently...

    cheers,