RE: Your Upload.com Submission Has Been Accepted

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006, Dave Korn wrote:

On 08 April 2006 01:30, Peter A. Castro wrote:

This is quite strange.  It says it was added April 7th, 2006, yet its got
10 reviews, all dated quite some time before then (version 1.3.22-1 and
12-Nov-2003) and also lists 173,253 downloads.  It also says the
publisher is "Cygnus Solutions".  The reviews look legit (well, at least
the talk about things that are true about Cygwin).

I'm betting this entry was previously cataloged as something else, and
someone very nicely, "corrected" it to match reality (annoying, indeed).

I'm betting they've been distributing cygwin/setup for years and have just updated it and that this update somehow triggered off a form letter to the recorded contact address.

Good luck getting it removed. It's CNET.COM, after all...

The more important thing is, they've mis-described the license as 'free', when it should be 'gpl'. That needs fixing.

I believe cgf would prefer that it simply go away rather than just correcting the entry. After some more rooting around on the site, it eventually led me to here:

http://www.cnetnetworks.com/editorial/contacts.html

The email address for the "Site Director-CNET Download.com" is
Kelly.Morrison@cnet.com.

Someone might want to try emailing her. If not, their HQ is here:

CNET Networks, Inc - Headquarters
235 Second Street,
San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: 415-344-2008