RE: ($shell cd) result different if including cygwin/bin directory in path

On 11 April 2006 15:26, Omar BELKHODJA wrote:

> Sorry Dave, but I don't understand which command you are talking about.
> Are  talking about 'cd' ? I don't see any 'cd' command in the cygwin/bin
> directory. If there was a 'cd' comand in the cygwin/bin directory, when
> I type 'cd' directly from the DOS command prompt, I should have the same
> empty string that I have from the ($shell cd), but this is not the case.

  Oh, of course, it's a builtin in both.  Doh!  It's the 'sh' executable that
is getting in the way, not 'cd' at all.  Make looks for 'sh' in order to run
the ($shell ...) command.

  1)  Do you have SHELL set in your environment vars?
  2)  Are you using a version of make that understands the MAKE_MODE variable
or the --win32 and --unix flags?

    cheers,
      DaveK