Re: Not sure what the problem is...

The One wrote:

> Well, I'm runing the program on computer that does not
> have cygwin installed.  I just put a copy of the
> cygwin1.dll in the windows path.

How do you expect this to work if you don't have Cygwin installed?  At
the very least you'll need /bin/sh and /bin/ls, since system("foo") just
calls '/bin/sh -c "foo"'.  Have you checked the return value of
system()?  Always check return values.

> I couldn't get it to recognize /cygdrive/c/mydir or
> /c/mydir since cygwin is not installed on the
> computer.  I tried adding the mount v2 info in the
> registry but that didn't work.  I would appreciate
> very much if you can help me to get it to recognize
> posix path.

/cygdrive is the default, so it shouldn't matter that there is no mount
table.  (By the way, always use mount and umount instead of manipulating
the registry directly.)  I don't think posix vs. win32 paths is actually
the problem here, and "c:/mydir" ought to work for what you're trying to
do... it's just not a great habit to get into.

Brian