Re: csh and/or GNU make bug

On Apr 18 07:48, gustav wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
>
>   > Hmm, I just tried it and http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#WJFFM with
>   > and without -f.
>
> It may be dependent on some other environmental factors. My login
> shell is bash.  Did you have exactly the same versions of make, tcsh
> and cygwin? Cygwin csh is a link to tcsh.

Well... sure, that's how the tcsh package sets it up.  And yes, I'm
runnning the latest versions of everything, except for Cygwin, which I'm
running the latest from CVS.  However switching back to 1.5.19 didn't
change anything for me.

> I should also add that I don't have any .cshrc or .login in my $HOME,
> so the only thing that tcsh reads when invoked without the -f switch
> is /etc/csh.cshrc and files from /etc/profile.d. But, I think, it
> always inherits my environment.

I tried all combinations, with bash and tcsh as login shell, with and
without .cshrc/.login files.  It always works fine.  If you can't figure
out the exact combination to reproduce the problem, you'll have to debug
this by yourself.

Corinna

Red Hat