RE: Not being given the option of installing packages on setup

Hello

After solving some other computer problems, I followed your instructions
exactly below, going to the mirrors.kernel.org ftp site to install. By
clicking on "skip" (thanks to whomever said that I should do that), I was
able to select the things I wanted.

When I hit "next", it went to the grey "Progress" screen and started to
download, then an error box popped up that said:

cygwin setup
Unable to get setup.ini from
<ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/sources.redhat.com/cygwin>

I hit the "ok" button, and it took me back to the page where I could choose
mirror sites. I selected a different site and it proceeded to download and
install correctly.

I have attached the cygcheck file for this working install in case it
contains any information about the aborted install. I doubt it does, but I
thought I'd offer it anyway.

I don't need any help at the moment, but I thought you might want to know
about the error at the kernel.org site.

Thanks,
Tasha