Re: Error on /bin/sh -login: "cannot remove /bin/sh.exe: Permission denied"

I will also try to clean up the profile script to short-circuit when you
are running /bin/sh instead of /bin/bash

One thing you might do is to have the /etc/profile.d sh-update-script delete itself once it's run satisfactorily.

I guess what got me on this was that there was a zombie /bin/sh process running during the cygwin update. It might have been a little less nerve-wracking if there had been a visible message during the postinstall, instead of picking it up during the login.

Thanks,
Webb

--
Webb Roberts (webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu)
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute