Re: Fixing the state of C++ in Cygwin

Brian Dessent wrote:

> Since the patch only touches two libstdc++ include files you *might* be
> able to apply it directly to the installed c++ headers without having to
> rebuild the compiler from source, but I don't guarantee that that's
> possible.

It seems that applying the patch only, without rebuilding GCC works (the
ROOt, a CERN application, problems seem solved).

In any case for the sake of completeness I have rebuild GCC following the
indications of gcc-core-3.4.4-1.README etc..

In the build the gcc-3.4.4-1.sh scrip fails with '&& )', removing '&& \'
it works.

Alternatively I have changed #!/bin/sh with #!/bin/ash and it works too.

In both cases I have commented out the row ' mountpwd' that extracts the
file and/or directory with uppercase name substituted by ASCII values
(e.g. README ==> %52%45%41%44%4D%45)

I note some anomalies:

   - the library libgphobos.a is not built; this causes

          gcc-3.4.4-1.sh pre_pkg

     to fail in moving libgphobos.a to the right direcory for packaging.

     This causes cc1d.exe not moved in the appropriate directory for
     packaging.

   - 'gcc-3.4.4-1.sh install' installs libfrtbegin.a and libg2c.a in
     usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin instead that in
     usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4. Note that

         gcc[newbuild].exe -print-file-name=libfrtbegin.a

     gives
     /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/libfrtbegin.a

What is wrong in all this?

May the GCC mantainer say something?

Cheers,

   Angelo.