rsync quote char in Path bug

Hi.

I found out that having quote characters in DOS Path variable around directories which are listed before cygwin/bin path can confuse rsync so that it's unable to find ssh executable.

In my example when Path is set as:

Path="C:\WINDOWS\system32";C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\bin;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\UltraEdit;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;c:\davor\bin;C:\Program Files\SecureCRT 3.0

executing rsync gives error:

C:\> rsync -avz -e ssh davor@some.host:~/somefile.txt
rsync: Failed to exec ssh: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /home/lapo/packaging/tmp/rsync-2.6.6
/pipe.c(83)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /home/lapo/packagi
ng/tmp/rsync-2.6.6/io.c(434)

Removing quote characters from path:

Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\cygwin\bin;C:\cygwin\usr\bin;C:\Program Files\Executive Software\Diskeeper\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Program Files\UltraEdit;C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\;c:\davor\bin;C:\Program Files\SecureCRT 3.0

... and rsync+ssh works ok.

I'm assuming having quotes in Path is normal and acceptable behavior since, for instance, installation of DirectX SDK is putting its executable directory with spaces and quotes in front of all the other Path directories, which then in turn brakes rsync+ssh (this is how I found out about this issue), but is not a problem for regular Win32 programs.

I am not sure if other cygwin executables are affected by this problem.

"cygcheck.out" output attached below.
Also verified this is still an issue with the most recent packages on another system I don't have cygcheck output from right now.

Davor.