Re: need help with cygwin snapshot debugging

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 06:03:32PM -0700, Bryan D. Thomas wrote:
>> 1) http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-04/msg00718.html
>> I would appreciate knowing if anyone can duplicate 1) above
>
>I could not duplicate this issue with the snapshot binaries 2006-03-13
>through 2006-04-27, inclusive.
>
>I installed the weather script testcase from the OP as a cron job and
>observed three runs using v5.19 where data was pulled down
>successfully.  I stopped the cron service and replaced cygwin1.dll with
>each snapshot binary, started cron, then observed three more successful
>download runs with no orphaned processes.

Thank you for testing this.  This is the kind of feedback I was hoping
for.  If you are willing to continue testing, it may be worthwhile to
keep this running for a couple of days.  Maybe it is sporadic enough
that it is only triggered very occasionally.

cgf