password file must not be other-accessible

Hi,

I am running windows XP with the fat32 file system:

When I run the following batch file:
C:\Cygwin\bin\rsync -vrt --password-file=c:\cygwin\secret --delete cygdrive/c/exhd1/music fred@192.168.0.105::testbu

I get the message:
password file must not be other-accessible.

I know this is because my secret file is other-accessible. But since I am using the fat32 file system there is no way to make the secret file not other-accessible (to my knowledge). Is there a work around for this?

I know there is strict modes = false which I can put in the rsyncd.conf but I have tried this and it does help me. I guess this is because rsync need to be authenticated before it can read the rysnc.conf on the remote machine.

Thanks