RPM's (was Re: unix 'at' command implementation)

Eric Blake wrote:
I have cygwin install but I can not find the
implementation of Unix 'at' command.
Because no one has ported an open source version of it
to cygwin yet.
----
   Some packages might be more easily ported if RPM's
became a common way to package cygwin packages.  Much
of the porting effort is in converting to the cygwin installer.
Someone asked about logrotation a while back and I was
surprised no one had ported a logrotate package.  I pulled
the source RPM from my SuSE distro, and was able to
produce a binary RPM in about 10 minutes, then I realized
RPM's weren't a desirable format for cygwin packages.

   I'm sure there's some good reason for converting all
packages to yet another installer, but I'm not sure I know
what they are.  One side effect, though -- it can  put a
damper on porting programs over when most (or all) of the
work is in converting to the a different installer.

-l