Re: GDB Ctrl-C Interrupt Fails WORKAROUND

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:38:57AM -0700, Kyle McKay wrote:
>On 15 Jun 2006 11:04:56 -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Lacking the ability to interrupt a running program severely limits
>>>gdb's usefulness.  Fortunately there's a workaround available.
>>
>>Yep.  Use a console window.
>
>Maybe I haven't been clear.  THIS DOES NOT WORK.
>
>Compile the below hellowin.c program with the m$ visual C compiler.

On Cygwin, gdb is the debugger for programs produced by gcc.  You are
not going to be able to read many (any?) symbols for programs produced
by other compilers so there really isn't much of a reason to use gdb
to debug non-gcc-produced programs.

It is also possible that CTRL-C will not interrupt programs which are
compiled for -mwin32.  I haven't tried that for a while.  That may
be what you're seeing when you use the Microsoft Visual C compiler.

In any event, at least we're getting details now beyond the "CTRL-C
doesn't work with gdb".

cgf