Re:MEX interface + DAE solvers in Fortran + gnumex/cygwin/mingw

I receive the mailing list in digest form, so forgive the lack of threading on
this reply.  BTW, good to hear from a Rose-Hulman student (I am an alum).

I think your basic problem is that you don't need cygwin _and_ mingw installed.
 You need one or the other, but not both.  Since the web site you refer to
mentions that cygwin gcc doesn't always work with matlab, I would suggest you
forget cygwin and go with mingw (and msys) all the way.  Try that, and if it
doesn't work, at least your problem is simplified, and it may be easier to find
an answer.  And BTW, you can't post mingw issues here - this list is cygwin
only.

Wnen you have a minute, take a look at the cygwin octave package - it can do
most of what matlab does, and there is even some mex compatibility if you
install octave-forge.

James R. Phillips
RHIT EE '78 and cygwin octave maintainer