RE: install cygwin in windows xp sp1

On 11 July 2006 19:00, truelies wrote:

> Thank you! May I ask how to change the set home? I can't find in system->
> environment variables. Is this one in a .ini file?

  Are you logged into a domain?  In that case, your home drive is set as part
of your network login, which is why you don't see it in the environment
variables.  You should probably use method #2 in the FAQ entry: edit the path
to your home dir directly in /etc/passwd; that way your windows login can keep
its own value of HOME, but you can have a different one in cygwin.

  You *will* have to use a proper POSIX path format for this, however; it's
only if HOME is passed in from windows when cygwin starts up that it can be
automatically converted for you from windows-style.

    cheers,
      DaveK