XEmacs under Cygwin prevents other applications from starting up.

Hello,

XEmacs under Cygwin seems to interfere with Acrobat reader startup and occasionally with Firefox as well.

With XEmacs running, clicking on a link which opens a pdf document, prevents Acrobat reader from starting up. The Acrobat reader splash screen shows up but the document window does not open. If I shut down XEmacs, then the acrobat reader window opens up.

Same with putting the system in Standy mode. The system sometimes does not go to standby if XEmacs is running. The standby operation seems to be in a waiting state. If XEmas is shutdown, the system automatically continues with the standby operation.

I am running Window XP Pro + IBM Thinkpad T42 + cygwin 1.5.19-5 + cygwin X server 6.8.2.0-4.

Any help would be very appreciated.

thanks for your time,
Raj.