exe handling

Hi,

Sorry if this has been already been discussed, the only reference I
could find was a "In scripts suddenly must use perl.exe rather than
perl" thread.

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-specialnames.html#id4729857 states
the following:
"If a shell script myprog and a program myprog.exe coexist in a
directory, the program has precedence and is selected for execution of
myprog."

This was the case in my previous installation (cygwin 1.5.19-4) but the
opposite seems to be the case in the latest cygwin dll (1.5.20-1). It's
causing a lot of problem for me since for many commands I have an exe
for windows and a shell wrapper for *nix.

The change log for 1.5.20-1 mentions changes .exe handling. Is this
intended behaviour?

Thanks,
Ollie Walsh

Oliver Walsh