Re: Why are Windows paths broken in make 3.81?

On 7/24/06, Joachim Achtzehnter <joachima@netacquire.com> wrote:
This sarcastic response to one sentence out of a much longer post quoted in
isolation suggests that a clarification is in order.

here here! i'd like to add that i'm getting fed up of reading sarcastic comments from cgf since i rejoined the mailing list.

this particular gem:

I assumed the compiled program would work in a bash
shell but it only works in a dos shell-its too late to
worry about why that is. I miss unix.

Yeah, things work a lot better in a dos shell on unix.
( http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-07/msg00682.html )

the sole comment to an entire post sums up for me a very
arrogant attitude towards people with less knowledge who
need help.

this forum (i hope) was never meant as a personal sarcasm
area and to read it it's very annoying.

if you don't have something constructive to say, lay off laying
into people.