Re: installing/configuring tcllib under tcltk

Problem solved. The installation instructions give two options: 1) .\configure; make install or
2) installer.tcl. It says that make simply calls installer.tcl, so it would seem unlikely that it would make a difference. However option 2) works and option 1) does not.

tcllib is pretty big and, with option 2), it is easy to install, so it is probably better not to include it in the cygwin tcltk package. It would be nice to include it as a separate package, though, to avoid hassles like the above. I realize now that the tcllib package in ruby contains only a small fraction of the full library (though it does include the file utilities that I wanted.)