Re: Cygintl-3.dll was not found

infoterror wrote:
Under windows, programs are installed by default in "C:\Program Files."
cygwin's preferred "c:\cygwin" is foolish and makes an unnecessary mess of
installations.

Cygwin's "c:\cygwin" contains AN ENTIRE (virtual) FILESYSTEM. I don't know about you, but *I* sure don't want that sort of thing under "Program Files" (besides which, POSIX-ish systems don't really appreciate spaces in file/path names).

Here's some food for thought: the default installation path for SFU is "%WINDIR%\SUA", and that is because it is a Windows component. Before it was a Windows component, it was "C:\SFU". Do you really think Microsoft did this because they were "following Cygwin's lead"? Or maybe they had a more compelling/logical reason for violating /their/ policy in this instance?

I would be surprised if defaulting to "C:\Program Files\Cygwin") didn't cause any problems.

--
Matthew
This is not the list you're looking for. -- Perversion of Obi Wan