Re: Permission denied Permission denied Permission denied Permission denied Permission denied Permission denied

Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 03:53:55PM +1200, Steve Keate wrote:
Are there any useful resources on finding out exactly what security mode
to choose when using Cygwin, also, are there any resources on how to use
mkpasswd and what arguments to use. I have scoured the net for two days
looking for anything.

Is cygwin now abandonware, or is support just abyssmally poor?
http://isbn.nu/0671723650
---
Ah yeah...one of my favorite books...it's worked so well for me...
(*cough*)...um...well it surely would if I my brain was engaged before
acting/speaking/writing...
Only a very brief period of scouring the net should have led you
to the conclusion that this list is the primary vehicle for support.

Since the list archives should indicate to you that there is a great
deal of traffic on this list, I'm at a loss to know where the
"abandonware" comes from.
If I looked over this list with all of the compassionate, caring support,
I might experience feelings of things being out-of-control and possibly
experience "fear"....perhaps he spoke out of frustration?

Even though I, of course (*cough*), am never affected by such base
emotions. (*cough-cough*) (sorry about the cough -- something must be
caught in my throat, ya know...;^}), I try to have compassion for those
who do -- especially those I don't know and/or that don't know me.

Working on Windows (even with the benefits of Cygwin) is a mightily
frustrating experience for many (most?) people.

   But to pseudo-address the original posters question: