RE: Cygwin 1.5.18: Problem using setsockopt() for multicast

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006, Brian Ford wrote:

> > and I have found that this, contrary to the IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP case,
> > must be called BEFORE I bind the socket!
>
> Um, that makes sense, doesn't it?

I guess it does.  I just wanted to mention it since the sentence

 "Note that it is necessary to bind to an address before calling the
  setsockopt() function."

in the article that you kindly pointed out might mislead someone into
believing that setsockopt() must _always_ be called after bind().
(Well, it misled me...;-)

  Alessandro