Re: My script doesn't work under cygwin cron

Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, liora milbaum wrote:

> Igor Peshansky wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, liora milbaum wrote:
> >
> >> It works fine under the cygwin shell not under cron.
> >>
> >> This is the output of the command:
> >>
> >> Can't load '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8/cygwin/auto/GD/GD.dll' for
> >> module GD: No such file or directory at
> >> /usr/lib/perl5/5.8/cygwin/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
> >>  at /usr/local/bin/cl_graph line 12
> >> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/cl_graph line 12.
> >> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/cl_graph line 12.
> >
> > Hi, Liora,
> >
> > Cron runs as the SYSTEM user.  Make sure you have enough permissions for
> > SYSTEM to access the /usr/lib/perl5/... hierarchy.  You may also have a
> > mount issue, where the required mounts are missing for the SYSTEM user
> > (e.g., if you initially installed Cygwin for "Just me").
> >
> > In fact, you should have read and followed the Cygwin problem reporting
> > guidelines at <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, especially the part that
> > asks you to attach the output of "cygcheck -svr" on your machine -- that
> > output would have given us the answer to at least the mount question.
> > 	Igor
>
> Hi Igor,
>
> I have changed the user who runs cron to myself. I think that this
> should eliminate all permissions problems.
>
> Please find attached the output of cygcheck.

Hi, Liora,

Indeed, running cron as yourself (especially if you supply the password)
should result in permission problems only if you have trouble running your
script from your regular command line (which I assume you don't).  The
next thing to check is the environment (cron doesn't run a login shell).

BTW, did you run cron_diagnose.sh?

Other than having your HOME set to a UNC path (which CMD apparently
doesn't like), I don't see anything wrong with your cygcheck output.

It could also be an instance of
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-08/msg00071.html>, for which a rebaseall
was recommended.  See if that helps.

Sorry, I'm pretty much out of ideas.