rm * , ls * : Invalid argument

Hi,

I'm a newbie and am using bash 2.05 on Windows server 2003 .
I'm running into problems removing directory contents with a wildcard. This
particular directory has over 7000 files in it.

When I issue the following commands, I get a  Invalid argument error:

$ rm *
bash: /usr/bin/ls: Invalid argument

I get the same error when I use ls

$ ls *
bash: /usr/bin/ls: Invalid argument

Some research on the cygwin mail archives revealed that this is because of
the 32KB length limit on the command line which is imposed on us by
the underlying "OS" .

I tried to find whether there were any posts explaining how one gets around this
problem,
but couldnt find any.
Is there any way around to do what I want , i.e remove a large number of log
files using
the rm command with the wildcard * argument.

Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Rohan Rege