RE: Need Volunteers to test patch for gnu make

Hi Bill,

You might want to strip this; it's ~4xxkB unstripped, 147kB stripped.

> Please try it, and report any problems on this list.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Bill

I just finished trying it on my standard test, building a cvs pull of
wxWindows tip.  Worked like a charm.  It even shaved almost 18 seconds (!)
(;-)) off my build time:

Old make:

$ time make
[...]

real    23m30.751s
user    3m57.150s
sys     3m2.379s

New make (i.e. the one from your link, but stripped):

$ time make
[...]

real    23m13.115s
           ^^------------ 18 seconds saved (approx. 1%)
user    3m56.285s
sys     3m2.261s

So, I shall take that 18 seconds to also thank you for your great work. ;-)

--
Gary R. Van Sickle