Re: New windows from cygwin in ssh

Pavel Ivanoff wrote:
Can anybody help me with this problem? There is some guess that this
happens due to some Local Security Policy on Windows XP (I know that in
last versions of cygwin sshd requires several settings in Local Security
Policy to work correctly). But I can't understand what policy prohibits
to make desktop windows over ssh...

Thanks in advance.
Pavel Ivanov

How are you authenticating with ssh? Password (keyboard-interactive) or keypair?

If you are authenticating via keypair, it isn't really running as you, iirc. The SYSTEM user doesn't normally create desktop windows, so it's possible that this process isn't allowed to as a result..

Chris