RE: New windows from cygwin in ssh

Ugh, top-posting...  Reformatted.

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Pavel Ivanoff wrote:

> [...]

I'm afraid so.  It's unclear why Windows imposes this restriction, but if
your sshd is running as a non-SYSTEM user, it can't interact with the
desktop.  I was going to suggest using "cygstart", but even that
apparently doesn't work as-is.  It probably can be patched up to obtain
the current window station and ask the shell to execute the program there,
but <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI>.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/