Re: reading directory .: No such file or directory

Matthew wrote:
Yes, but that thread ended a while ago without a clear solution.  My first
installation of cygwin worked just fine.  Then I installed cygwinX and now I
have these problems.  I've tried unistalling X and reinstalling plain cygwin,
but X keeps coming back instead.  I don't feel like cleaning my registry or
reformating just yet.

Just clean out your local download directory and make sure your installation directory is deleted. As long as you don't ask 'setup.exe' to re-download the X stuff, either directly or indirectly, you won't get it installed.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746