Re: Re: courier auth+imap

*** Marek Telgarsky (bamarek@telgarsky.com.comm) wrote in the cygwin list...:

:) On Sat Sep 30 20:56 , René Berber <r.berber@computer.org> sent:
:)
:) >> This leads me to actually running the server, and my question for
:) >> the list: Does anyone have experience with that under Cygwin?
:) >
:) >No experience, but I recently did try to use imap-2006a (the latest UW
:) >IMAP release) and it compiles cleanly with no changes but after
:) >running for a while it hits problems with advisory locking (which
:) >doesn't exist in Cygwin since it is using Windows mandatory locking).
:)
:) So presumably maildir (with courier, rather than mbox with uw-imap)
:) would somewhat alleviate this problem?

I have a patch for maildir for UW-Imap, even 2006b. It's unpublished, but
for imap 2004x, you can find it in my web page (address below). If anyone
wants to try the new patch for 2006, please write off list.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/