This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Does 'ar' work with native MS Windows libs?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 22:47:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: Does 'ar' work with native MS Windows libs?
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I need to break open a library I created with Visual Studio and insert
some objects also compiled with Visual Studio.
Will Cygwin's ar command work for this task?
Alternatively, is there a Windows tool better suited to this?
Maybe there's even something that ships with Visual Studio, but I
wouldn't expect an answer to that question here.
Thanks for indulging these newbie questions. I'm used to working with
Linux and am leaning heavily on Cygwin as I start to do some Windows
I believe you're looking for "LIB.EXE". Check out the MSDN and other
Windows development forums for details.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html