Re: updated bash to latest 3.1.17(8)-release; startup has errors now

This google search was pretty much worthless when I ran it before I
sent my message in:
bash "command not found" site:cygwin.com inurl:ml

vi did not show any unusual line endings (CR/LF) in /etc/profile
before I sent my message in

I noticed that the cygcheck output said things weren't there when a
manual check shows that they are there and that they are in the path
that cygcheck says it is checking.

For my issue, not the thread hijacking 'make' issue, I do not have a
dual-core or hyperthreaded system.

I did read the release notes when they came out.  The ANNOUNCE list is
the only one that I read all the messages for.  It did not look like
it should be causing the issues I am having.

It was updated though; so it is my first target.

I will try the update that was just released tomorrow and see if it
makes a difference.

If it does, then I clearly have a cr/lf or two somewhere and I must
root them out and destroy them.

Thanks.

-Jason

On 10/2/06, Tristen Hayfield <tristen.hayfield@gmail.com> wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 03:53:42PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>> "DePriest, Jason R." wrote:
>>> I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or if not,
>>> what I can check out or examine to fix it.
>> I've also got this problem with "make" saying "target pattern contains
>> no `%'", anybody got an idea what's up with that?
>
> Just a guess but I suspect that it is probably a hyperthreaded/dual-core
> problem.
>
> cgf

Could this be a problem caused by a non-posix path?

Tristen