Re: Un-attended install ALL

Vinod Gupta wrote:
Vinod K Gupta wrote:
We have a local mirror of selected packages from which we install cygwin on
user machines. When we perform un-attended installation using setup.exe -q
-L -l -R... the installer installs only the Base packages. How can we tell
setup to install ALL available packages?

Lary Hall wrote:
There are many ways but the easiest is to create a setup.hint file
with an empty package that's part of the Base category. Then list all the
packages you want to install as its dependencies. Obviously, you can leave
out other base packages. Voila! :-)

Thanks Lary,

I am not sure what you mean by "empty package" and how do you make it known to the installer?
If I create a setup.hint and copy it to, say, release\base-files\, will that work?
This sounds like fooling the installer. I can't believe that there is nothing like "--InstallAll" option to the setup.exe installer.

Fooling the installer into believing there is another package to install?
Yes, that should be outlawed. ;-)

Whatever you want to call it, this is the way to do it. See:

<http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/package-server.html>

if you haven't already.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746