This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash shell globbing not working anymore
- From: Markus Schönhaber <mailing-cygwin at schoenhaber dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:52:44 +0200
- Subject: Re: bash shell globbing not working anymore
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Andy Telford wrote:
> Has any experienced this?
> - "ls" works but "ls *" returns "ls: *: No such file or directory"
> - same if I just use the shell builtin "echo *" just returns "*"
I experience this every time when I issue those commands with an empty
directory as cwd. That's simply the way it's meant to be.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html