This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tcsh executing .com files under Cygwin DLL 1.5.21
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:00:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: tcsh executing .com files under Cygwin DLL 1.5.21
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 3 12:46, David Mastronarde wrote:
> When I upgraded from Cygwin DLL 1.5.19-4 to 1.5.21, tcsh started trying to
> execute files on the path with extension .com, with often fatal results.
It's the way it is. There's special code in tcsh which is identical for
Cygwin and U/Win. It handles the .bat, .exe, and .com extensions
similar. It might be worth to remove this, but I'd have to discuss this
with the tcsh upstream maintainers.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html