RE: Similar Bash 3.1.18 CR/LF Problem

Eric Blake wrote:
> But I'm not sure whether making
> igncr the default in 'bash --posix', aka '/bin/sh', is wise, since
POSIX
> does not permit this behavior.  My only concern is that by making
igncr
> cognizant of whether posix behavior is requested, people will start
asking
> 'why does my script work with #!/bin/bash but not #!/bin/sh?'.

Ugh... If push does come to shove, I guess I can tell the
Windows-centric
folks on the team to set SHELL=c:/cygwin/bin/bash.exe so that the Win32
Version of GNU make will execute "bash c:\temp\tempscript.sh" rather
than
sh.  Just one more thing to get wrong; one more thing for our developer
install sheet; one more faq; one more...

Seriously though, as long as I can get it to work we'll be happy.