This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync can run in command line but not in cron
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:00:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: rsync can run in command line but not in cron
- References: <BAY21-F193FB967FB055FDB28E98EE9120@phx.gbl>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
lin q wrote:
I just installed lastest cygwin on windows xp service pack 1.
I enabled cron in cygwin, the crontab looks like this,
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.3548 installed on Wed Oct 4 19:11:00 2006)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.8 2004/12/21 16:14:41 corinna Exp $)
12 19 * * * /usr/bin/rsync -azvv /cygdrive/u/ /cygdrive/c/bin/swtools >
But it does not work, I check the log file, it is like this,
building file list ...
rsync: link_stat "/cygdrive/u/." failed: No such file or directory (2)
It looks like it can not work with path like /cygdrive/u, this is a
The problem is I can run the exact command in command line.
Do you know why cron make difference on the path?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html