This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Look command not working for me
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 14:33:47 -0400
- Subject: Re: Look command not working for me
- References: <00e901c6e921$b63ab090$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Dave Korn wrote:
On 06 October 2006 04:21, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
David Arnstein wrote:
When I type into my bash shell, for example
look: /usr/share/dict/words: No such file or directory
The directory /usr/share/dict does not even exist. I have reinstalled
the util-linux package. No help.
Any suggestions? Cygcheck output is attached.
Maybe try the source package? Dunno. It's definitely not in the binary
package or anything else I can find via http://cygwin.com/packages/.
What package 'look.exe' is in is not the question, Dave K.. Read the thread
Something that occurred to me later was that the postinstall script could
be the one responsible for generating this file somehow. David, I suppose
you could also look at this (/etc/postinstall/util-linux.sh).
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html