This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How to select on a win32 handle?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 10:55:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: How to select on a win32 handle?
- References: <20061007025233.GA24180@sellafield.lysator.liu.se>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Oct 7 04:52, Peter Ekberg wrote:
> I'm finding that I have a need to select on a win32 handle. I found the
> function cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd which sounded promising, but I do
> not have any luck when I try to use it.
That won't work. The Windows select function is only implemented for
sockets. To implement a POSIX select function which allows to select on
any descriptor one needs to implement it specificially for each known,
resp. useful file type. Naturally this won't work with a generic
Windows handle since Cygein doesn't know what it represents. So Cygwin
is unable to provide a matching select function.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html