cygserver errors

I am having problems with cygserver similar to those discussed in
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2005-05/msg01378.html.  On my XP Pro
system, under Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Application, I see
several red X's whenever I start my modified startxwin.sh.  (I have found
that the script in /usr/X11R6/bin crashes unless I add /bin to
export PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin:"$PATH":/bin .)  So, my Cygwin utilities start OK,
except I do get occasional crashes of individual xterm windows for no
reason I can discern, which I have reported before but no follow-ups
occurred.

I am getting errors like:
	"The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Cygwin ) cannot
	be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
	information or message DLL files to display messages from a
	remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to
	retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The
	following information is part of the event: cygserver: error
	getting handle(1684) to server (5)."

I do run setup for all users, and my mounts are under system, the main
focus of the discussion under msg01378.html referenced above.

I cannot see if the is a cygwin or cygwin-xfree problem, so I'm sending
this to both forums.

I attach cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out.

Thanks.

Lester